The semi-natural modeling mini test bench is designed to develop and test Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) of small spacecraft and OrbiCraft 3D satellite kit. Devices of the test bench simulate interaction of objects of research with outer space factors, such as: free rotation around center of inertia, alternating magnetic field, solar radiation flux.
The purpose of using test bench is experimental testing and research of work of spacecraft orientation, stabilization and navigation algorithms in terrestrial conditions.
The stand allows to:
- carry out functional tests and optimization of the ADCS software
- reduce the risk of incorrect satellite operation in orbit
- to teach practical skills of spacecraft motion control
- simulate and work out emergency situations
- verify the model after computer simulation:
Verifying the model after computer simulation to:
- eliminate errors in the installation of sensors and actuators
- take into account the accuracy of the installation of sensors and actuators
- to carry out modeling taking into account real errors and sensor noise
- determine the real moments of inertia of the apparatus/
All components of the test bench are developed and assembled in SPUTNIX LLC. The development is based on the technological background obtained during the creation of the Chibis-M microsatellite, the TabletSat-Aurora small spacecraft, the SiriusSat-DZZ, OrbiCraft-Zorkiy nanosatellites, etc.
- Air bearing
- Platform for installation of the test object
- Magnetic field simulator
- The Sun Simulator
- Independent measurement system
- Automated work place (AWP)
Depending on the test object, various modifications of the test bench devices are offered:
- Air bearing: load capacity up to 15.
- Platform for installation of the test object: for CubeSat 3U, for microsatellite type TabletSat, for the installation of ADCS devices.
- Magnetic field simulator: small (cage 1.3x1.3x1.3 m).
- System of independent measurements: standard and high accuracy.
Included with the test bench is software for modeling ballistics and calculating the orbital magnetic field and the position of the sun.
|Possible direction of the magnetic field vector||With no restrictions|
|Diameter of uniformity zone||600 mm|
|Dimensions||1.3 х 1,3х 2 m|
|Load capacity||15 kg|
|Angle of rotation about the vertical axis||is not limited|
|Angle of rotation relative to horizontal axes||±30°|